Re: Cuneiform 1.0 Ubuntu Packages

Hi!

Please use "reply to all" to keep list traffic on the list.

On Sun, 2010-07-11 at 12:04 -0400, Speedy Chair wrote:

> I am still somewhat confused regarding the libmagick++ package.  Mostly,
> because while installing it I get an error regarding speech-dispatcher
> (error message pasted below).

The message that is produced has nothing to do with libmagick++ per se.
Actually it seems to be already installed on your box (run "sudo
aptitude show libmagick++" to check it out). The error clearly
indicates, that there is a problem with your speech-dispatcher
installation.

Because speech-dispatcher registered a dpkg trigger, its restart action
will be called every time you install or upgrade any other package, but
because the installation is faulty (~/.speech-dispatcher is not present
on the system for whatever reason this can happen) it will fail to start
and abort the installation.

You can check it out by trying to install any other package disregarding
whether you already have it on your system or not and the very same
error should reappear.

So I guess Vinux folks should do better at fixing speech-dispatcher.

> The Vinux distribution already has cuneiform 0.7 package installed from
> the Ubuntu repository.  Is just installing the libmagick++ package
> enough or would it require rebuilding the cuneiform package while the
> libmagick++ package is installed?

I am not aware of the existence of any officially supported cuneiform
package for Debian / Ubuntu.

If the package that you have was not compiled against libmagick++-dev
just installing the library not gonna cut it. You will have to rebuild
the package completely.

> Is there already such a cuneiform package for Ubuntu compiled
> using these libraries?

I have heard that Dmitrijs Ledkovs wanted to get the orphaned Debian
source package into the shape and get it officially included in Debian /
Ubuntu, but I do not know whether he actually had time to pursue this
noble endeavor or not.

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev