deja-dup-hackers team mailing list archive

QA

So, I've had to release a few 'brown paper bag' releases recently and
looks like I may have to make another
(https://bugs.launchpad.net/deja-dup/+bug/326017).

Besides stopping being so sloppy, I figured I need some better QA:

1) I will try to sit on a release for longer before making it public.
This will give translators some lead time and give me time to test
some rough spots as I think of them in the shower.

2) If we had a bigger user base, I could have a 'testing' PPA for
previews of releases.  But we don't yet.

3) I think we need some automated tests to cover common UI paths and
make the job of testing the various backends easier.

I was looking at dogtail for the automated UI testing bits
(http://people.redhat.com/zcerza/dogtail/index.html).  Does anyone
know of another such framework or a better way?

-mt

Follow ups