deja-dup-hackers team mailing list archive

Re: [Deja-dup-team] how to compile after making a chnge to a .vala file?

On 25 March 2010 08:52, shahansad kollaparambath <shahansad@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> make[2]: Entering directory
> `/home/shahansad/Downloads/deja-dup-13.92/deja-dup'
>   GEN    vala.stamp
> error: libcommon not found in specified Vala API directories or
> GObject-Introspection GIR directories
> error: libwidgets not found in specified Vala API directories or
> GObject-Introspection GIR directories

libcommon and libwidgets are internal libraries.  It sounds like the
libcommon.vapi file isn't in the common/ subdirectory?  Are you
running make from the toplevel source directory?  Make should be
building those libraries before it tries to build deja-dup itself.

I just tried the following and it worked for me:

bzr co lp:deja-dup
cd deja-dup
./autogen.sh
make