deja-dup-hackers team mailing list archive

Re: Partial restore, take 2

Allan Day, as our resident usability advocate, what do you think of
this and the previous partial restore mockups?  I would appreciate a
more experienced viewpoint than my own.

I've got some comments below for this v2 mockup.  It's a nice and
flashy mockup overall.

1) I'm not sure how the "select a date range" option works either as
you try to enter one or visually after you select one.

2) You probably don't need two buttons for "Queue directory" and
"Queue file".  For example, what would happen if you selected a
directory?  Which button would you press?  The GTK+ file dialog
handles this by choosing the current directory if no files are
selected or otherwise choosing the files or folders selected.

3) I don't believe the size of the files to restore is actually known
before restoring.  Which sucks and would be good to fix, but isn't
going to happen soon.  So we don't need a column for that.

4) The phrase "Restore Point" is odd.  Maybe like "Restore Date" or
even "Version"?

5) In the "restoring to" widget, the default should probably be
"previous location" and then offer to let them choose a directory to
put all files in.  This is because (A) if we default to a directory,
we have to translate the directory name and that's kind of odd and (B)
I think it's more common that a user just wants the files back where
they should be.

-mt