deja-dup-team team mailing list archive

[Merge] ~jbicha/deja-dup:build-with-vala36 into deja-dup:master

Jeremy Bicha has proposed merging ~jbicha/deja-dup:build-with-vala36 into deja-dup:master.

Requested reviews:
  Déjà Dup Maintainers (deja-dup-team)

For more details, see:
https://code.launchpad.net/~jbicha/deja-dup/+git/deja-dup/+merge/325865

By the way, I can't actually get your master branch to compile so I reverted the Preferences reorganization 295926ac7ffa and worked from there.

vala 0.36 (generally distributed along GNOME 3.24) has stricter syntax requirements and deja-dup fails to build with the new version.

The first commit fixes the build failure, but requires vala 0.36. If you don't want to require vala 0.36, we can do something like https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-chess/commit/?id=1b27c4

The second commit just fixes some warnings. I see a few other warnings but this was one of the more annoying ones to see in the build log.
--
Your team Déjà Dup Maintainers is requested to review the proposed merge of ~jbicha/deja-dup:build-with-vala36 into deja-dup:master.

Follow ups