merge apps

Hi,

we now have a fair number of open web apps (7) and there isn't really a
need to have a separate maven project for each. Should we simply merge all
apps (visualizer, tracker capture, etc) into a single maven project called
dhis-web-apps ? It would look like this:

dhis-web-apps/
  src/main/resources/
  src/main/resources/struts.xml
  src/main/resources/org/hisp/dhis/apps/i18n_module.properties
  src/main/webapp/
  src/main/webapp/dhis-web-visualizer
  src/main/webapp/dhis-web-pivot
  src/main/webapp/dhis-web-tracker-capture
  src/main/webapp/dhis-web-event-capture
  etc..

It would require that we

- merge the struts.xml files, and have multiple packages in the same file
(works well)
- merge the i18n_module.properties keys for the Ext-based apps, or better,
find a client-side solution for translations also for the Ext-based apps

Otherwise we don't lose much.

The benefits are:

- shorter build time of dhis-web
- less stop and start, as you can use mvn jetty:plugin and serve all apps,
allowing you to fix things/test/set up stuff in all of them without
restarting the container

Eventually, when all modules have become apps, we will only have one maven
project, and the build problem is gone. What do you think?

Lars

Follow ups