Re: DST and TZ best practices

Do we then store the timezone with the dates? If no, we'd depend on the
server's date setting for a database to represent accurate dates? So moving
databases would require the server to have the exact same date settings?

Are you saying that a report for *July 30* would look the same no matter
what timezone you're in? That might be confusing as someone entering an
event on a date might have to get the report for the next day to see that
event? That might be a very weird user experience.

I think this stuff is generally pretty challenging and we need to consider
carefully before going with a solution.