backporting in github

Hi devs,

as we use GitHub increasingly more we should find a standard way of
"back-porting" commits to release branches, similar to how we do it on
Launchpad.

This is the procedure I use. This example uses the dhis2-docs repo. First
clone the actual branch to avoid having to checkout/switch between branch
and master all the time.

   - git clone -b 2.23 git@xxxxxxxxxx:dhis2/dhis2-docs.git dhis2-docs-23

   - cd dhis2-docs-23

Then use *cherry-pick* to apply a commit from master to the branch and push
to branch.

   - git cherry-pick 3a6e47ea7a054f95967b3d0a0671fc649b7878c0

   - git push origin 2.23

I know there are multiple ways to do this. Let me know if this sounds okay
or if there are better ways.

Lars

--
Lars Helge Øverland