Re: Dataset and Programs shown in User Role create/editing screen use different filtering criteria

Hi - I just re-tested in 2.23 r22961 at https://play.dhis2.org/demo
The results are the same: when creating or editing a user role with user
that doesn't have authority 'all', none of the datasets are available.

I re-created the test role and user for the 'play' server, so if you check
today May 23, the hyperlinks below are valid:
1. Create a role with every authority except 'All' (I created Dataset Debug
<https://play.dhis2.org/demo/dhis-web-maintenance-user/showUpdateRoleForm.action?id=858962>
in play)*
2. Create a user and assigned the role created in step 1. (I created user '
bug
<https://play.dhis2.org/demo/dhis-web-maintenance-user/showUpdateUserForm.action?id=858963>'
in play). Password: DHIS2016*
3. Login with the new user, and create a user role
<https://play.dhis2.org/demo/dhis-web-maintenance-user/showAddRoleForm.action>.
No dataset is shown, while all programs are shown !

*Rodolfo*

On 13 May 2016 at 18:44, Rodolfo Melia <rmelia@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Tested in: 2.22, 2.23
>
> *Issue*: only a user with authority 'All' can see datasets when
> creating/editing a user role. Programs, on the other hand, show based on
> their sharing.
>
> *Expected behaviour:* All datasets and programs that are shared (or
> private) to the user should show. This happens correctly for programs.
>
> *How to reproduce:*
> 1. Create a role with every authority except 'All' (I created Dataset
> Debug in play
> <https://play.dhis2.org/demo/dhis-web-maintenance-user/showUpdateRoleForm.action?id=859109>
> )*
> 2. Create a user and assigned the role created in step 1. (I created 'bug'
> in play
> <https://play.dhis2.org/demo/dhis-web-maintenance-user/showUpdateUserForm.action?id=859111>).
> Password: DHIS2016*
> 3. Login with the new user, and create a user role
> <https://play.dhis2.org/demo/dhis-web-maintenance-user/showAddRoleForm.action>.
> No dataset are shown, whole all programs show !
>
> *Possible cause:* I believe that the issue is that Datasets are shown
> based on the user roles + user sharing. Instead, programs show correctly
> all programs that the user can see in the basis of sharing. I think that
> the user role filtering in datasets should be removed.
>
> *Example*: image below is from this demo at play.dhis2.org. The user has
> every authority in the system, except 'All'. No dataset can be seen !
>
> [image: Inline images 1]
>

> *Rodolfo*
>
> ** will disappear after midnight May 13.*

PNG image