Re: Fwd: [Dhis-dev] Export process from 1.4 to 2.0

> Here are the details of the system..
>

> Current user:
>    admin
> Version:
>    2.0.1-SNAPSHOT
> Build date:
>    2009-03-03 17:07
> User agent:
>    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.6)
> Gecko/2009011913 Firefox/3.0.6
> External configuration directory:
>    Not set
> Environment variable:
>    DHIS2_HOME
> Database type:
>    H2
> Database name:
>    dhis2
> Database user:
>    sa
>
> I do not have a real database setup yet. I am thinking that this may
> have to do with the lack of an external configuration directory.
>
> Let me try and set it, but I assume that there should be a more
> graceful error returned. :)
>
> Regards,
> Jason

Hi Jason,

you need to install DHIS 2 properly:

- Set the DHIS2_HOME environment variable to any folder. In this folder the
system will create a subfolder called "importexport" where the dhis14 import
config file will be stored.

- Also set up a database, your system is now running on the default H2
in-memory database. Install postgresql/mysql, put the attached
hibernate.properties in the DHIS2_HOME directory and modify it to your db
setup.

You could also set the "import type" to analysis to reveal problems in the
DHIS 1.4 datafile related to unique field/foreign key contraints (access is
more lenient that postgres/mysql).

Then try again, let me know if it works.

Lars