Re: Fwd: [Dhis-dev] Export process from 1.4 to 2.0

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 6:16 PM, Jason Pickering <
jason.p.pickering@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Lars,
> Thanks for the offer. I am preparing the DB now for upload and will
> upload it. It will likely take some time as the internet is quite slow
> on my side. There is another version, that is very similar, except for
> a few changes to the organizational hierarchy that I uploaded to our
> internet server a few days back.I will send you the link in another
> email, as the data is not public yet.
>
> That was (what I thought) was the entire stack trace of the import
> process as far as I can tell. This is another stack trace from
> yesterday, using a slightly different database (I corrected some
> issues with the organizational hierarchy, and that was the stack trace
> I included in the last mail. It seems a bit more complete, so I am not
> sure what happened with the other one. That was all there was as far
> as the import went. (Attached at the bottom) .
>
> Let me know if you come up with anything.

OK if this is the whole ting the system does not even attempt at importing
data values. This is weird, I will have a look at the data file.

Regarding import work flow, I would recommend doing one initial import from
data file with legacy data and everything you have by now. Then use the XML
based import to for the data you receive on a regular basis. That is "DHIS
1.4 XML Import", remember that the DHIS 1.4 installation that produced the
XML file must be build 112 or later.