Re: Fwd: [Dhis-dev] Export process from 1.4 to 2.0

> We will need to change this in DHIS 1.4 somehow. Would it be possible
> for DHIS to implement a check to ensure that the value is not out of
> the allowable range? If it is, then perhaps it could simply ignore
> these values, and inform the user.

That would have been very nice but this happens when the JDBC driver
accesses the database and doesn't give the DHIS 2 application a chance to do
something about it.

> > - For inital imports (!), in the DHIS 2 import screen - "Show advanced
> > options" - set "Skip check for matching datavalues" to "yes (empty
> > database)"
> >

> Could you explain this option?  I would assume that it will check for
> existing data values and not overwrite them. If I choose no, I will
> assume it will attempt to insert everything?

Exactly. "No" is the default and will do a check for matching data values
for every row, which is redundant on empty databases.

> > o I am not sure why you didn't get it to work. This sounds a little silly
> > but are you sure you waited long enough? My import on a high-end maching
> > took 32 min. Is the GUI message saying "Import process complete", or is
> it
> > still saying "Importing routine data values" ?  This is the end of my
> log.
> > Yours stops at "Imported Periods"
>
> Yes, I waited. Well, in fact ,I did not have to wait. It just executed
> like lightning and gave  me a "null" response in the browser window. I
> did not get anything like "Import process complete".

Strange, normally something would have emerged in the logs.

> > http://folk.uio.no/larshelg/files/dhis2zambiaMarch2009.backup
>
> Big help Lars. This will at least enable me to start having a look at
> the development of the reports (which they need ASAP) and then we can
> continue to clean up the other issues.
>
> Tack,
> Jason

Det e lugnt..