community-based system

Hi All,

Please find the attached presentation I made last time in our Delhi Workshop
- I feel there is a lot in that document to shape the design-development
process of our community-based system. And I would be happy if someone can
post this presentation on launchapd -- sorry couldn't get a link on
launchpad for uploading a file.

As per the discussion we made we are now on the way to start development and
would appreciate any input you might have. To recall the discussion, the
focus is on house-to-house service delivery for an individual and its
subsequent followup with a final goal of generating aggregate figure for
DHIS2.

And five points are visible in here - individual, house, service, followup
and aggregation - which I think our datamodel should base upon. Individual's
grouped together and forming a family, a family with/with-out a house and a
number of houses in a village belonging to a subcenter/facility is a context
we will be facing out in the community. A health-worker should therefore
plan ahead where to go, which house and which individual to meet, and what
kind of service to provide. This requires for a strict planning of activity
with inputs from standard health services and procedures (for example FP,
ANC, Birth, Immunization, ...) and current where about of individuals
(making issues of migration another critical factor). In the end, the ground
realtity (health status) of a particular village should be reflected in the
overall country's HMIS - aggregation and DHIS2.

To break things in pieces/objects

   - Individual
   - family
   - house
   - village
   - service
      - procedure
      - cycle
   - migration
      - hierarchy
   - activity plan
   - aggregation
      - search
      - query
   - export

Let's just put these pieces on the wall and trace their relationships or
even break them further.

*Saptarshi*: I hope you have got some input for revising your datamodel.

*Vivek*: Can you arrange one visit, for Saptarshi, to any ANM Subcenter?

*Ola*: I know that I haven't said anything about line-listing.... but I feel
that there will not be any major line-listing design issue to be considered
in here. Things will get shaped in this design-development process (which is
very much iterative).**

Thank you.
Abyot.