Re: Distributing and syncing builds

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 7:23 AM, Brajesh Murari <brajesh2murari@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 7:03 PM, Knut Staring <knutst@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> It would be good to offer testers and other "bleeding edge" users the
>> latest build without requiring A) full download or B) having to do a build.
>

> "bleeding edge" users ?

That phrase was meant a bit toungue-in-cheek, what I mean is that we want to
have stable releases, but since they have tended to be quite infrequent,
many people are rather using the latest build. My concern is that it's a
waste of time for all of us to be building when that could take place on a
server - and there are people who we cannot expect to build. So I think
rsync agains the .war would be good, especially if followed by automatic
extraction (to reduce startup time, e.g. for DHIS2-Lite.
Knut