Re: dhis lite

2009/4/8 Lars Helge Øverland <larshelge@xxxxxxxxx>

>> I had wondered about this.  I have seen the link with DHIS2_HOME but
>> I'm afraid I haven't approached looking at the BIRT webapp at all yet.
>>  I am sure we don't want to skip it so we must find a way.
>>
>> I also see OPENHEALTH_HOME popping up here and there.
>

> Not used for anything currently.

Are you sure Lars? In Zanzibar (and in Zambia I think) they are using
openhealth with DHIS2 and I thought this variable was used to locate and
edit the openhealth properties file (database connection settings).

>> Linking with the parallel conversation regarding running 11 webapps on
>> one tomcat I am drawn increasingly more to the use of context
>> parameters.  System properties are perhaps a step up from environment
>> variables, but they are still inherently global in nature wrt the jvm
>> instance.
>>

> Yes will be interesting to explore.
>

>> Great news on the progress with H2.  Its looking like a winner.
>

> Needs more verification. But seems to work nicely, and I have been mailing
> a little with the creator who found it cool that we are using it so we might
> get good support on potential problems.

Would be interesting to test performance on larger databases also. If it
scales well and persistence of huge amounts of data is not a problem then H2
could potentially replace postgres also on bigger installations I guess?