Re: running 11 dhis2 webapps on one tomcat

A few comments:

- I agree that we could define and implement the various use-cases more
properly in the service layer, and see if more code could be moved from the
web layer (I actually had a go at this last week for the reporting module).
The way I see it this applies the most to the customized data entry part and
the Indian local modules.

- The Ibatis code is related to connecting to a MS Access database for the
DHIS 1.4 file import.

- We should definitely see if optimizing Hibernate could be done before
reimplementing the persistence layer. The pooling can be tuned (even
switched off), have a look here:

http://www.hibernate.org/214.html

Otherwise, we should maybe make it easier to switch persistence layer
implementations by collecting all beans dealing with persistence in a
separate maven project. Changing the persistence layer would then be a
matter of modifying a dependency definition in a POM.