Re: [Branch ~dhis2-devs-core/dhis2/trunk] Rev 169: Disable input text when data set has been registed completion, and only user have role undo_compl...

2009/4/14 Saptarshi Purkayastha <sunbiz@xxxxxxxxx>

> I think for changes to the core that affects all implementations, a ticket
> has to be created and the patch attached. The patch will be discussed by the
> core developers and if there is no comment (for a week) or issue with other
> core developers, then the patch should be applied to trunk.
>
> This would mean that we have a community accepted change to the core. It
> will only help the process of software quality.

This sounds like a good idea. In particular for commits that modifies
functionality being used in production.

I can also see the trade-off between control and productivity here. I
believe bug-fixes and completely new, isolated functionality (if such things
exist) could be the exception.