Re: pom files

> Yes, we have a list of pressing requirements, one is implementing "
> easy-access-help<https://blueprints.launchpad.net/dhis2/+spec/easy-access-help>"
> and the other is "datavalue-history<https://blueprints.launchpad.net/dhis2/+spec/datavalue-history>".
> For implementing first one I had small discussion with you, and we decided
> that I will look shortly if migrating from webwork to struts2 is possible. I
> managed to migrate one module to run on struts2, it is possible but takes
> some time and efforts. As all of us know webwork is not updated since mid
> 2007

Yes, but we should still have a review of struts 2 before launching into
it... Anyway there are hundreds of action classes, interceptors etc and it
will be a big job to change things.

> "easy access help" was implemented, now I am working on second one.

Nice.

> Hibernate has support for auditing persistent objects ("datavalue
> history"), that is what we want. But it comes with annotations only, so I
> decided to change hibernate libraries to host annotations, this is the
> reason. I think using existing functionality is much better than hand
> crafting history object for datavalue table.
>

> Why I said to Bob I am wotrking on this and that is because I have all in
> my branch and cannot split easily what he wants (poms). I cannot distribute
> pom with new hibernate dependencies, struts2, etc. That's WHY I said lets
> discuss these issues before we have made such a change. It is better to
> discuss how to make these things happen, if they are useful. For hibernate I
> can say transision is transparent, we can move one object to annotation,
> while others are still in hbm.xml.

OK. If you can use this side-by-side it sounds like a good idea. Sorry if I
am sticking my nose in everything, just interested in hearing the rationale
behind it...

cheers, Lars