Re: dhis lite

2009/4/16 Lars Helge Øverland <larshelge@xxxxxxxxx>

> That's pretty big!  I wonder if we should consider distributing it
>> separately as well ie. without the dhis and birt wars.  One of the
>> features we can add to the "control panel" is a user
>>

> Some sort of automated update mechanism would be nice, yes...

I agree it would be nice, but mainly because there should be no need to
download new birt.war files very often, whereas you would like to be able to
update dhis.war without having to download a package whcih also contains
birt.war if you already have that. In comparison to the wars, the lite
server is so small as not to matter significantly. It makes eminent sense to
have at least dhis.war separate, but it would be even more ideal if people
would only have to download the diff with their current war, using rsynch or
similar (as mentioned before).
I actually developed this kind of functionality (swapping wars, changing
database) in BitRock last summer, but BR is very far from an ideal
development environment...

> > Things now seem to work fine. Any objections against releasing a beta
> > version so people can try it out?

No I think that would be a good idea.  It seems pretty usable at