Re: DHIS 2 Lite Beta

2009/4/16 Saptarshi Purkayastha <sunbiz@xxxxxxxxx>

> We were just discussing this yesterday that it would be good to give these
> to the states... but then since Indian modules are directly using MySQL, it
> will be sometime until we can use this.

OK I see.

Is the Indian modules very much depending on MySQL specific functions, or
could we rewrite this code to use standard SQL only? If so, the
org.hisp.dhis.jdbc.StatementBuilder interface (which gives you SQL
statements) could be extended and used here. We have a
StatementBuilderFactory in the service-jdbc project which will give you an
implementation based on which database you are running. I am happy to help
out here if you like.