Re: Bazaar

2009/4/17 Saptarshi Purkayastha <sunbiz@xxxxxxxxx>:
> http://doc.bazaar-vcs.org/bzr.dev/en/user-guide/index.html
> and
> http://doc.bazaar-vcs.org/bzr.dev/en/user-reference/bzr_man.html
>
> are probably all the docs you should need... But the things you point out
> regrading blueprints has more to do with launchpad than bazaar. I have spent
> considerable amount of time  studying distributed VCS including mercurial,
> bazaar, git and the rest... and have been raising this point from the dev
> conference.
>
> All we need for Murod's work is a branch of his features like a centralized
> VCS way... the core devs can then pull only those changes from murod's
> branch, merge as local commits to trunk branch and then commit it back to
> the trunk. Managing conflicts shouldn't be much issue, but understanding and
> testing the changes will surely be some effort.

Yes but the point is that it is no good if he just creates a personal
local branch which is what is mostly described in the documentation.
His branch must also be on launchpad.  Which is why I suggested
perhaps putting it in (or next to) the sandbox which is owned by
dhis2-devs.

I guess alternatively you just make your own branch by going to
https://code.launchpad.net/~miri and creating the branch there.  Then
the core devs decide how, when and what to merge with trunk.

Cheers
Bob