Re: Dynamic option list in data entry

On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 1:38 PM, Murodullo Latifov
<murodlatifov@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I don't know much about the logic behind this, but talking on technical
> side of it. To have drop down on custom dataentry screen we do not need to
> persist any dataValueOption object and its collection<dataValueOption >. We
> can bind all possible values while binding dataelement combo to custom
> dataentry HTML, e.g. datavalue options are stored in HTML as "select bla bla
> bla" saved. As dataelement is related to dataset and values are available in
> dropdown there should not be a problem with dataset to dataelement relation.
> So, this means creating custom forms for such data entry is a must as
> datavalueoption is not persisted in database and there is no relation
> defined as such.
> This is simple solution to make set of value options mandatory for data
> entry. Any other crazy and cool ideas?

Hi,

i see your point in that this would be easy and it would probably work. But
it sounds a little static to me. Wouldn't we want to have some pre-defined
and re-usable comments?

Also, we definitely should have this for regular and multidimensional data
entry as well. I guess it is needed and otherwise we are making things
inconsistent...