Limits for report table

Tom,

Copying this to our DHIS 2 development list, as it is something several
people would like to be aware of.

1) As we saw today, removing the restriction on dataelement shortname length
works, but only up to 40 characters if you want to crosstab on them.

2) Unfortunately, because of the limitiations of the underlying Postgres
database, the datamart/report table generation cannot handle more than 1233
data elements. The GUI should probably check this and give you feedback,
instead of just creating a hanging process as seems to be the case
currently.

There are two ways to deal with this:

a) We can divide the operation into three parts (since you have 2813 data
elements). Basically, just select a couple of your datasets at a time. And
then the CSV files must be joined somehow. This probably means that OrgUnits
(200 countries) should be on crosstabbed (to get the same columns in all
three files)

b) We can create a separate "Export all" button, which does not use the
crosstab functionality, but is basically just a dump of our datavalue table
with names of orgunits, periods (years), and data elements in CSV format.

Cheers,
Knut

Follow ups