Re: 2.0 to 1.4

On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 4:10 PM, Ime Asangansi <asangansi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks Knut.
>
> I am not sure if DHIS1.4 imports IXF as it currently doesn't support pure
> xml - a feature to be implemented when support for Acess 2000 is dropped.

Not sure if this relates to pure xml - 1.4 exports to IXF.

> But I am not really sure - I have copied Calle here - Pls, is it supported?
>
> The second (ODBC) option is something to consider really.
> But there is a third option one may want to look into before that -
> importing data formatted in excel.

Does 1.4 support import from Excel templates? I agree that is a highly
desirable feature, which we are planning to implement in 2.0.

> It would be nice...this two-way data interchange.

Indeed, many things would be nice to have...  so there's a need (for the 1.4
team in this case) to prioritize. I don't think the need for this has arisen
before...why do you need it?

Knut