Re: 2.0 to 1.4

On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 8:43 PM, Knut Staring <knutst@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 8:35 PM, Calle Hedberg <calle.hedberg@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>

>> 1.4 can import various types of Excel data.
>>
>> Off the top of my head - 2.0 can export data in 1.4 format, right?
>

> You're right, we can export many types of metadata to 1.4. And we can
> export data values to Excel
>
> For metadata, go to the Import - Export module and have a look at the
> options for DHIS 1.4 export under "Export to other systems"....
>
> For datavalues, go to Reports -> Report Table and select the data you want.
> Save your selection, then click on the Excel icon in the list of Report
> tables.

And it should be small job to modify report tables to also support data
values to csv with internal IDs in stead of the names (like we have today).
Then we would have what you need for a standard 1.4 import, 1 XML file with
metadata in 14 format, and 1 csv file with data and internal identifiers
referencing metadata in the XML file.
If we zip these two together with 7zip we have a standard 1.4 export file.

Ola