Re: Asking a report on a birt server

Not entirely sure I understand your architecture, but I assuming that
all (p) servers will be pointed to the same central database (c). If
you design your BIRT report to point to the (c) server, it will make
no difference whether the report is run from the (p) servers, so long
as the data source points to the (c) server. If you are looking at
doing disconnected data entry, as opposed to a central database, you
will need to collate all of your data into the central server through
import/export. However, the report should still function in the same
way. Just be sure that you design the BIRT report with a data source
to the actual IP address of the server, and not the localhost address.
Obviously, the report will need to be distributed to the (p) servers,
but uploaded without a datasource, as this will need to be specified
in the report itself. Otherwise, perhaps you can just host the report
on the (c) server and have all the (p) servers run it from there by
logging in and running the report remotely.

Hmm, lots of c's and p's there, but this should certainly be doable.

Regards,
Jason