Re: Coding layout - Community-Based Health Information System (CBHIS)

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 11:32 AM, Bob Jolliffe <bobjolliffe@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hi Abyot
>
> Good to see you back :-)

Thanks ... came a week back with full of energy :)

> 2009/5/25 Abyot Gizaw <abyota@xxxxxxxxx>:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > In a sort of lose coupling of DHIS2 and CBHIS, I am planning the
following
> > coding layout for the CBHIS.
> >
> > dhis-cbhis-api
> > dhis-cbhis-service
> > dhis2-cbhis-web-(datarecording/report/administration/......)
>
> A few thoughts and opinions.  Feel free to disagree.

Oh ya.

> If you follow the approach above then try to implement some sort of
> relationship between modules and packages.  I think a module can
> implement a number of packages, but packages should not be split
> between modules.  We have a lot of that at present which is confusing.
>  All of a package should be defined in one module.
>
> Be clear what goes in the api and what goes in the service layer -
> current rule of thumb seems to be that the api should be free-standing
> (outside of "technology-choice" implementation lbraries).  A
> consequence being that the only dependency you would expect to see in
> the api pom.xml would be probably junit (lets provide unit tests for
> the api).  If its about spring, hibernate, jdbc, jsf or what have you
> it belongs in a different package in the service module.

The spring, hibernate, jdbc ...... stuff is something which we already have
and it goes on under dhis-support module.

The api is to contain

·         Person

o   First_name – string

o   Last_name – string

o   Age – (integer) or shall we make it dateOfBirth? Because at somepoint we
will register birth!

·         Family

o   Husband – person

o   Wife – person

o   Daughters – Set<Person>

o   Sons – Set<Person>

o   Address – house

·         House

o   HouseNo – string

o   GpsLocation – string

·         Village

o   Name – string

o   Children – Set<House>

o   Parent – organisationUnit

·         HealthProgram

o   Name – string

o   Freqency – periodType

o   ProgramPhase – Set<Register>

o   Name – string

o   Header – ?XMLObject?

o   Footer – ?XMLObject?

o   Columns – ?XMLObject

·         XMLObject

o   Set<dataElement>

o   Set<houseHoldVisit>

o   date

o   village

o   …

·         ActivityPlan

o   Owner – person (Health Extension Worker)

o   Supervisor – person (Medical Officer)

o   Date – date

o   Activities – set<PieceOfTask>

·         PieceOfTask

o   Where – house

o   When – date

o   ForWhom – person

o   What – houseHoldVisit

and some others which I couldn't forsee the whole picture right now and list
here. of course exceptions, logics (query), .... will also be part of the
api

The service is to contain the processing of the api's - database persisting
and any other business logic - like querying, activity plan generation, ....

Finally the web part is to contain the presentation of the business logic.

> Use the api to enforce business rules which are not enforced via the
> database.  We don't do enough of that at present.  The API sometimes
> assumes that its users are always benign.  Don't do this.  Expect the
> worst and code for it.  Part of the api should be a definition of
> exceptions.
>
> Is there a really good reason to have dhis-cbhis-api or should cbhis
> be a package within dhis-api?  I would lean towards having one dhis2
> API.

Not really ... just easy plugability and lost coupling. Didn't want to
clutter the very strong sense of aggregate system - I just want to contain
the objects of individual/patient/person and its related stuff.

Thank you
Abyot.