DHIS2-URL! The week in dhis2 development

Issue 2:  week Monday 18 May to Sunday 24 May

Greetings

This week was a busy one on and around https://launchpad.net/dhis2
with the trunk revision number moving from 295 to 320 (see summary
list of commits below).

We also quite a busy week on the mailing list.  I'll just try and
highlight some of the main conversations here:

Ime Asangansi raised a query about exporting data from 1.4 to 2.0 -
https://lists.launchpad.net/dhis2-devs/msg01014.html.  There were a
couple of interesting responses including using IXF, excel and report
tables.

Johan has been raising a number of critical issues from Sierra Leone -
including this one
[https://lists.launchpad.net/dhis2-devs/msg01039.html] regarding
storing NULLs or zeroes in datamart.  Its an ongoing issue which is
not going away.  Need to make sure we don't lose these inputs.  After
a flurry of further bug reports and feature requests the inevitable
appeals to use launchpad surfaced.

Brajesh made an urgent appeal for URL's for organisation units
[https://lists.launchpad.net/dhis2-devs/msg01000.html] which resulted
in a swift fix from Lars.

And how to set up some default min-max ranges without the benefit of
historical data?
[https://lists.launchpad.net/dhis2-devs/msg01038.html].  Ola took the
initiative to register a blueprint dealing with the more general
statistical question of how to generate min-max values.  See new
blueprints below.

Abyot is back and we can expect a good deal of this week's discussion
to be directed towards the design of the new community based,
person-centric module.

Trying to automate monitoring blueprints on launchpad is still
painful.  There is a launchpad api, but somehow blueprints remain
outside of that :-(  I'm beginning to remember Saprashi's reluctance
at the Delhi workshop over the use of launchpad - a non-free software
platform where certain aspects of your data is not easily accessible -
being an early launchpad supporter I'll just give a little tremor and
assume we will solve these problems.  I am trying to subscribe to all
blueprints and hopefully be in a position next week to capture any
changes which occur on existing blueprints.

Meanwhile, these are new blueprints which were added this week:

1.  Generate spreadsheet forms for data entry and import -
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/dhis2/+spec/spreadsheet-dataentry
2.  Improve the min/max value functionality -
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/dhis2/+spec/improve-minmax-value-functionality

And here is the summary of this weeks bazaar commits:

  320 Lars Helge Oeverland	2009-05-23
      Made the Period constructor protected and updated a few tests.

  319 Lars Helge Oeverland	2009-05-23
      Added test for datamart

  318 Lars Helge Oeverland	2009-05-23
      - Added some unit tests for the API. - Service implementation of
aggregation level boundaries in data mart.

  317 Miri	2009-05-23
      Some localization added to Audit functionality.

  316 Miri	2009-05-23
      Added Audit functionality for Data Values. Accessible from
DataValue History popup window. Audit will truck adding, updating and
deleting. All strings are localized.

  315 Jan Henrik Overland	2009-05-22
      Method and classes now part of MapLegendSet object + Background
wfs is now loading entirely on startup.

  314 Miri	2009-05-20
      Added new L&F to Customvalue edit Form.

  313 Lars Helge Oeverland	2009-05-20
      Added some missing transaction definitions

  312 Lars Helge Oeverland	2009-05-20
      Added URL GUI property for data element and indicator. Made the
URL clickable in the details box.

  311 Lars Helge Oeverland	2009-05-20
      Added URL property to OrganisationUnit

  310 Lars Helge Oeverland	2009-05-20
      Impl add orgunit from orgunitgroup in edit user

  309 Lars Helge Oeverland	2009-05-20
      - Added PeriodType to DataElement. No database change. - Fixed
bug related to edit of User.

  308 Lars Helge Oeverland	2009-05-20
      Finalized report tables in dashboard

  307 Lars Helge Oeverland	2009-05-20
      Improved style of report table data report

  306 Lars Helge Oeverland	2009-05-19
      Work in progress on report table in dashboard

  305 Miri	2009-05-19
      Latest Spanish translations updated

  304 Jan Henrik Overland	2009-05-19
      Mouse clicks are now ignored in thematic map.

  303 Jan Henrik Overland	2009-05-19
      Method 'distributes values' added to thematic map.

  302 Jan Henrik Overland	2009-05-19
      Parent organisation unit / level always set to lowest when
registering shapefiles + work in progress on point layer.

  301 Lars Helge Oeverland	2009-05-19
      Improved column readability

  300 Lars Helge Oeverland	2009-05-19
      Improved period naming

  299 Lars Helge Oeverland	2009-05-19
      Added licenses

  298 Lars Helge Oeverland	2009-05-18
      Work in progress on advanced report table display features

  297 Lars Helge Oeverland	2009-05-18
      Moved a function from the ReportTableService to the ReportTable object

  296 Lars Helge Oeverland	2009-05-18
      Work in progress on advanced report table display features

Thats it for this week.  Have a great week.

Regards
Bob

Follow ups