Re: DHIS2 under FreeBSD

Bob Jolliffe wrote:
2009/5/28 Orvalho Joaquim Augusto <orvaquim@xxxxxxxxx>:
I have running DHIS 2 on FreeBSD 7.2!

I am using a FreeBSD as a VMware Workstation virtual machine.

It simply runs.

Caveman

Great!  The superior memory management of FreeBSD should make a real
difference - though I'm not sure you would feel that much in a vm.
Historically there were java issues with freebsd, but I think that is
a thing of the past.  Now NetBsd in a vm ... that should be neat, tidy
and fast as well ..

It is impressive even being an Virtual Machine (VM) on a Centrino 1.4GHz Machine! I gave to that VM 256MB.

Tomcat takes less than 45-90s to start [Actually I do not know why such big range].

I hope to see how birt affects everything. And that is one of the main reason I decided to test it.

Caveman

Cheers
Bob

Knut Staring wrote:
On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 6:35 AM, Orvalho Joaquim Augusto