patient_dataelement Vs routine_dataelement

Hi All,

Couldn't really convince myself as to the need to keep a separate track of
dataelements called patientdataelement. I just did an implementation for
patientdataelement ... but when giving it a thought about linking it with
some custom and predefiend values, then I see that one already in place by
Murod for the routine dataelements. And if we are going to have a case of
like recording multiple values for a single patient dataelement, then we
also will redo all the compex task of linking with options, categories and
their combinations, which is again in place for the routine dataelements.

If the need to separate the two - routine and patient is only for the
purpose of managment, then I think it will be better if we could introduce
an attribute called 'classification' for dataelements. With this attribue we
can classify our dataelements like - Routine, Patient, Header, Footer,...

Any input will be appreciated.

Thank you
Abyot.

Follow ups