Re: Triggering a discussion for Person ID in CHIS

Yes, may be if we look back to the use cases we identified

   1. case based auditing and surveillance
   2. house-to-house service delivery

In the first case I would say there is nothing, or very low, interest in
tracking/identifying individuals. What is required it to regsiter incidences
occured and then generate aggregate figures. In the house-to-house case, yes
there is tracking but mostly through the house - we first identify a house
and then encounters (both new and history) so that we can plan subsequent
services. I feel that the uniquness/identification we need is internal and
was thinking of using UUIDs.

How are the OpenMRS identifiers generated - are they using some kind of
algorithm?