Fwd: How to get the calculated value from an input formula string ?

Dear Murod and Bob,

Murod, do you remember this mail ?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Hieu Dang Duy <hieu.hispvietnam@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 5:47 PM
Subject: Re: [Dhis2-devs] Needed for support with jxl package
To: Murodullo Latifov <murodlatifov@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: bobjolliffe@xxxxxxxxx, dhis2-devs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Murod,

After using your project to generate a random excel file from my template, "
*tx_bieu_2.xls*".
I've got a new file, for example: "*Form - tx_bieu_2.xls1245381039109.xls*".

Your code is running very stable.
By the way, I've tried to write a new java file for checking this new one's
structure.

And ,,, just only magic can change everything (*It means using POI checking
the generated excel file's structure as same as JXL ... nothing was new*)

You can get more reference with my attached files as below.
Place the template file at the location "C:\"

>From the POI or JXL Excel API technique, I think the reason why we couldn't
get the real values from the formula cells is that these values which is
only calculated by itself tool (MS Office: .xls or Open Office: .odt). I
mean we must open the generated file to see the correct answers at that
time.

*p.s*: Did you know how to get the data (value) by input as an string
formula with POI ???

*Thank you very much for all your ardour !*

--
Hieu.HISPVietnam
Good Health !

I've read your code very carefully, Murod.
And I assure that your coding which is running ok.
The *setCellFormula*() method had done very well as its own duty. No matters
how is here.

After that, I sent to you all these two attached files:
One is a java file which was written with POI.
"*TestExcelReportPOI.java*"
And the other one is an excel file which was generated by your coding
"*Form - tx_bieu_2.xls1245381039109.xls*"

In this java file, I used POI to test the structure of the excel file above.
Then, the result is that I always receive all of the value as zero (0) at
the each cell formulae.
The same as when using JXL for testing.

Did you remember about our previewing report module that I'd said before ?
It had been done about 90%. And 10% is the formulae in the excel file. It's
too worth.

So, that why I posted this mail to ask you guys that
"*Which method in which class, can be used to get the re-calculated value
(please attending to **re-calculated value) of each formula cell by POI or
JXL ?*" - That's the last way which I can do with the formulae cells
up-to-now.
Because, if using POI or JXL to get those real values directly is
impossible. Don't you ?

Anything is clearly now ?

Thanks for your linked pdf file.

*P.S*: The real values that is the calculated value which can be seen when
opening its self tool (OpenOffice or MS Office Excel)

--
Hieu.HISPVietnam
Good Health !

     <javascript: leoHighlightsIFrameClose();>