DHIS OpenMRS integration

Hi people,

I have initiated creation of DHIS - OpenHealth data exchange module. The initial idea is to submit to OpenMRS DHIS metadat, OpenMRS will store these data into a table, there would be facility in OpenMRS module to map DHIS data into OpenMRS data and produce export data for DHIS in XML format. The entire module will be build for OpenMRS.
Currently I have selected the following to be needed by OpenMRS to provide accurate data:
data element id
category combo id
period type
aggregation type

Any aditions suggestions are welcome. We have Paul from OpenMRS team here and he is eager to work on this approach.

Also I am planning to build some DHIS modules for Joomla CMS. Joomla is very popular open source content management system, used in many sites. Having these modules any site running on Joomla could easily fetch data from DHIS. This is very early ideas. Now we need to deside on what level to connect Joomla modules and DHIS: data base or web services (REST)?

regards,
murod

Follow ups