Re: [OPENMRS-DEV] Routine checkups

Hi Andrew,

It is me who is working from the DHIS2 side. I was kind of pulling part of
OpenMRS model into DHIS2 and start storing individual data into DHIS2.
Though my approach is kind of short sighted .....

I did this because DHIS2 is strong in reporting based on frequency/period
and routine data registration. On top of that for the place the house-hold
system is required we have a huge install-base of DHIS2. So introducing a
new system could really be a problem.......

But after discussing with Paul (we meet in GOA for an integrated e-health
architecture workshop hosted by HISP-India) and after looking a
demonstration of a system (by a HISP-India team) I thought making the GUI in
DHIS2 but maintaing 2 databases (OpenMRS for individuals, DHIS2 for the
rest) in the backend could be a possible approach. But for this to happen
... there needs to be some addition from OpenMRS side so that we can keep
all the data in OpenMRS ... but the aggregate figures into DHIS2.

Abyot.