Re: OpenMRS integration

Hi Yusuph

Thanks for this update.  This is interesting to me as I think it is my first
sighting of another implementation of dxf format in the wild!  That's
important to know if we start tweaking with the format.

I haven't looked at care2x for a long time.  Last I looked it was based on
PHP (v4).  There was still some angst about adopting the right framework for
move to PHP5.  I guess that is all resolved now.  Or maybe they decided to
stary put with php4.  Is your php implementation of dxf available anywhere?
I'd like to take a look.

On the question of organisation hierarchy, I've had this discussion with a
few people and maybe your experience will confirm.  It is only DHIS which
really needs to have a knowledge of the tree.  For a hospital or facility
running care2x or openmrs it presumably doesn't matter.  What matters is
that it has an identifier which is recognizable by DHIS.  Am I right in
thinking this?

I'm interested in your translation of icd10 codes to dataelements.  Am I
right in thinking that for each named ic10 code you have (potentially) a
dhis dataelement with the same name?  Or you have a mapping between named
icd10 codes and named dhis data elements?  I'm wondering if there might be
something general we can extract from this, like a standardized ICD10
dataelement mapping for other contexts.  Possibly not.  But what actual data
have you imported?  I know that care2x has a lot of tables ranging from
canteen to patient record.  I guess if you are focussed on ICD10 it is
derived from patient record.  So you have aggregated monthly, weekly or what
have you within care2x and then exported to DXF?

Most importantly, why have you done this?  I am looking for proven use cases
where dhis is linked to another system and there is a clear and tangible
beneficial outcome.

Sorry for all the questions.

Regards
Bob