Re: DHIS2 - Struts2 - Spring Security2

Hi Lars,

----- Original Message ----
From: Lars Helge Øverland <larshelge@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Saptarshi Purkayastha <sunbiz@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Murodullo Latifov <murodlatifov@xxxxxxxxx>; DHIS 2 developers <dhis2-devs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2009 8:17:29 PM
Subject: Re: [Dhis2-devs] DHIS2 - Struts2 - Spring Security2

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 4:35 PM, Saptarshi Purkayastha<sunbiz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I was using an existing database and used the same user/pass I had in that
> database and was able to login...
> Does the login "please wait" go on forever?? If thats the case, then it is
> another bug that I encountered once on our trunk, which can be solved by
> restarting tomcat.

Sorry it works with existing databases. It does not work on new databases.

But I am not getting to see any modules in the top menu, even if
logging in with an admin user? Maybe the user authorities must be set
up again, but I am not able to get to the user module. When I enter
the URL manually i get "access denied!". Did you have any successs
here?

If user has ROLE_ALL it is provided all menu options, otherwise that user has to be granted module menu, that is to select role with module name on it. Prefix ROLE_ was added for all roles, M_, F_ and "" are obsolete now (We can activate them, if needed, but i think this one is better). Tough, but secure, maybe not right decision to do so, but each single URL can have it's role. User can have access to menu, but left menu will be access denied, unless user has that authority.
To see all in work create new user role and see. Look at security-beans.xml.
We should think of getting existing roles into new counterparts, when people decide to upgrade.

murod