Re: Should we remove the Source object?

2009/8/26 Bob Jolliffe <bobjolliffe@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Lars I think you are right.  I think the household/person was the closest I
> think we got to considering deriving something else from source other than
> organisation unit.
>
> I'd put it on notice - if you don't get any suggested use cases before the
> weekend (or some other arbitrary point in time) then chop it.  I don't
> imagine it will have an enormous performance impact,

Thanks for the comments.

What made me reiterate this issue now was trying to import Jason's
Zambia database with 17 000 orgunits. We normally use multiple insert
sql statements to insert large amounts of data. Now for orgunits we
must first insert a record in the source table, retrieve the generated
id, then add an entry to the organisationunit table, which is way
slower than simply doing multiple inserts...

> but getting leaner is good.

Agree