Re: Should we remove the Source object?

2009/8/26 Abyot Gizaw <abyota@xxxxxxxxx>:

> 2009/8/26 Lars Helge Øverland <larshelge@xxxxxxxxx>
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have been thinking about removing the Source object from the API.
>> The abstract Source class was introduced in the model in order to
>> allow for multiple implementations of Sources in the system. Currently
>> we only have the OrganisationUnit object extending Source. We now see
>> eg. with Abyot's CHIS module that even if we need a new kind of
>> Source; the Patient, we still need the OrganisationUnit reference in
>> DataValue.
>
> I am not using it !

OK but in all your design proposals there is a PatientDataValue object
with a reference to Source, meaning that you don't reuse the DataValue
object and associate it with a Patient Source implementation.

This is the last I've seen:

http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=b4dafba814&view=att&th=121c110ad771e794&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=f_fvpi020h1&zw