Re: DHIS 2 Documentation

Well, I was caught off guard yesterday and called a "nerd" for the first
time in my life as a collague saw I was reading about docbook on my
cellphone during a dinner party...

As I think Ola mentioned on this list, we have a (doku)wiki up and running
here
http://www.openhealthconsortium.org/wiki/doku.php?id=dhis_2_documentation

We are in the process of making a ToC, and HMN is hiring a technical
writer to contribute. Of course he doesn't know DHIS as well as the
developers (but that is also an asset sometimes), but he has written large
manuals before and should be able to help us with style, language etc. The
idea is that each page can be translated to other languages, so as soon as
we get something down in english, the same pages can be translated by
users and developers into their own language. There is also a wiki2pdf
function, but I haven't tested that yet. The content of the wiki can of
course be kept locally (such as on the DHIS-on-a-stick Ola and Knut has
worked on), and updated when online.

Is there a need for another platform? I think the most important is to get
something substantial quite soon. I have no idea if docbook is compatible
with the wiki, there might be some export functionality?
Johan