Re: Problems populating Orgunits directly

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 6:31 PM, Knut Staring <knutst@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
> I am trying to populate the database directly with an enormous orgunit tree
> of the whole world (173 000 orgunits...). I have imported data to the
> following 3 tables:
>
> source, organisationunit, and orgunithierarchystructure. Do I need to
> populate any other tables?
>
> Also, in the organisationunit table, I had to remove the uniqueness
> constraints for both name and shortname, as there were tens of thousands of
> duplicate names - could this be the source of the below problems? I can of
> course try and generate unique names in some way.
>
> When starting DHIS, I get these messages:

The difficulty stemmed from forgetting how to start the hierarchy: With NULL
as parentid for the top level. The only problem now is that it's a bit slow
- perhaps we can add some indexing? Jason?
Uniqueness is not needed, and neither is the orgunithierarchystructure table
- what is this for?

http://www.openhealthconsortium.org/wiki/doku.php?id=administrative_boundaries