Re: [Branch ~dhis2-devs-core/dhis2/trunk] Rev 796: Made the WebAppServer verify that the BIRT webapp is included before attempting to start it. BIRT...

2009/9/28 Knut Staring <knutst@xxxxxxxxx>

> 2009/9/28 Lars Helge Øverland <larshelge@xxxxxxxxx>
>

>> On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 8:21 PM, Knut Staring <knutst@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> I guess we also don't need the Report Configuration anymore?
>>>

>> Whether to use Jasper or BIRT as the underlying reporting library can now
>> be defined through a system setting. If BIRT is chosen then we need the
>> report configuration. I guess we could hide that option from the menu if
>> Jasper is chosen.
>>

> The reason for my question is that BIRT seems to work fine without entering
> anything in the configuration. Or am I mistaken?

That's true when running from DHIS Live, which I guess is what you are
doing. When running normally in Tomcat you will still need it. But we could
hide that option in the former case as well, will make it less confusing...