Re: STQC Testing of DHIS

Hi Saptarshi and all

I see launchpad supports CVE framework but I haven't yet figured out how to
link bugs to particular CVE.  Anyway mostly these will refer to security
vulnerabilities in the many libraries which we use.

It seems we have not set up any way of tagging security related bugs at
all.  As an interrim I have created a "security" tag which we should use
when there are reported bugs with security implications.   When we report a
bug we might adopt the convention that at the bottom of each and every bug
report we add a section:

Security Implications: None.

Where these implications are not "None" we also tag the bug with the
security flag.

I am sure that many of our existing bugs should be tagged thus.   There are
181 reported bugs currently (obviously many fixed).  Maybe we should divide
up the bug space and run through a set each - adding the Security
Implications in each case.

Would be great if we could create a template for bug reports.  Has anyone
any idea how this might be done?

I am not sure if I can really stop what I am doing completely - I'm already
battling with targets.  But I'm happy to help out.

We also need to appoint a security czar to coordinate and monitor and crack
the whip when necessary. Any volunteers/nominations?  I'm thinking you are
emerging as the party with the most immediate interest.

Also its worth noting that besides getting more serious about security
within DHIS2 code base (which I fully support) I think the most serious
vulnerabilities have resulted more from poor implementation practice, the
lack of secure deployment guidelines and the lack of security policy
guidelines for implementing agencies.

Regards
Bob