Re: Fwd: A Question about Copyright Law

> I have just got a mall question about the issue of Copyright
>
> If someone created a class *ABC.java* and then I copied it to another one
> (*MYCLASS.java*) after that modifying anything without changing the
> structure and meaning of the original file.
>
> So, what should I do with in the copyright line ?
>
> *For example*:
>
> */**
>  * @author <SOMEONE NOT ME>
>  * @version $Id: ABC.java 2009-09-18 17:20:00Z hieuduy$
>  */
> public abstract class MYCLASS
>     implements Action
> {..........................}
> *
>
> Is it right, Lars ? Or I *must change like this:
>
> /**
>  * @author Dang Duy Hieu
>  * @version $Id: ABC.java 2009-09-18 17:20:00Z someone$
>  */
> public abstract class MYCLASS
>     implements Action
> {..........................}
>

> *Thank you so much !*
> *--
> Hieu.HISPVietnam
> Good Health !

I think it will be a better solution and good design pattern approach to use
OOPS concept ie. Inheritance, specially if we make a subclass MYCLASS.java
of class ABC.java rather then copying every thing from to ABC.java
to MYCLASS.java. And this way we can handle copyright issue like this ...

/**
 * @author Dang Duy Hieu
 * @version $Id: ABC.java 2009-09-18 17:20:00Z someone$
 */
public abstract class MYCLASS extends ABC
    implements Action

This is one way to solve the issue but if ABC.java is final then .....no
body can extend class ABC.java

--
Brajesh