Re: Google Motion Chart (Gapminder) connected to DHIS 2 report tables

Gapminder was discussed during the Goa workshop in July, here is a relevant
cut from the summary that was sent out by Sundeep:

--------------
"GapMinder was presented by Greg Rowles from HISP South Africa. This is a
very interesting data visualization tool that has been developed by Dr. Hans
Rossling’s group from Karolinska Institute, in Sweden. Basically, the tool
allows for a dynamic visualization of two related variables in relation to a
reference variable such as population which is depicted as bubbles with the
size of it indicating the relative values. It was pointed out that this tool
is an online system that draws upon google serves. Saptarishi pointed out
that this can be subverted by caching the google services for the particular
country that is being analyzed. Bob pointed out to potential intellectual
property infringement concerns. The tool was liked significantly by all, and
it was agreed that Bharath and Saptarishi would explore how it may be
integrated with the dashboard of DHIS2."

Greg told us that in SA they have been working with Gapminder integration
and if I remember correctly have a copy of the code for the previous (pre
Google?) version of the app.

I though this was called Google trend analyser now. Is Google motion charts
just the same thing or different somehow?

Ola