Re: Custom Data Entry Forms

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 2:48 PM, Bob Jolliffe <bobjolliffe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It seems to me we are missing a level of grouping.  We need to group
> dataelements which have similar dimensionality (presumably using a DataSet)
> and we also need to group the dataelements which might appear on a form.
> The two are not necessarily the same.
>

> Do we need a FormData abstraction which perhaps contains a set of
> DataSets?  I suspect this is tyhe right way to go.

Makes sense. Actually the DataSet holds information about PeriodType,
assigned OrganisationUnits and locking which should be equal for all the
sub-elements. So we need a sub-element which has a DimensionSet and a set of
DataElements. Maybe Form and FormSection.

> On XForms I don't believe it is a silver bullet regarding form design.  The
> same issues will be present regarding composing the FormData..

Agreed. And even if we have the mozilla xforms project I don't think any
browser natively supports xforms yet?