Data import

Hello,

As DHIS 2 becomes increasingly popular, it becomes more and more urgent to
be able to import metadata and data from other systems.

We have had discussions of using a Extract, transfer, load tools (e.g.
Kettle/Pentaho Data Integration) - in which case they probably should be
embedded in some way?

Ola and I just came up with a simple format now which we think could
represent many types of data "out there". That is, people should be guided
in transforming their data into a simple tabular format, which could then be
read by DHIS.

We have updated an existing blueprint:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/dhis2/+spec/import-data

As an alternative approach could be to require people to convert their data
to SDMX or DXF, it would be good to have everyone's thoughts on this.

Knut

Follow ups