Re: Problem with chart creation/data mart

Hi Paul,

I have been looking at your DHIS 2 instance to try to figure out what is
wrong with the aggregation and finally I found the problem:

You have been using custom aggregation levels for some of your data elements
which means that you override the default way of aggregating up
data.Therefore you didn't get any aggregated district values for certain
data elements, including CBD treatments for Diarrhea, Fever, and Pneumonia.

The default is e.g. that the district values are the sum of all its
facilities' values. When you specify facility, district, country as you
three aggregation levels in the optional fields at the end of the Edit Data
Element screen you actually tell the system not to include any values below
district when calculating a district value, and not to include any values
below country when calculating a country value. This is the non-default way
of doing it and only recommended to use when you really want this behaviour,
e.g. when using different population sources for facility and district and
register population values on both levels.

You can read more about this functionality here:
http://www.openhealthconsortium.org/wiki/doku.php?id=understanding_how_aggregation_of_data_works
(this will need to go into the main documentation branch soon)

I have disabled all your custom aggregation levels for now as there seems to
be no need for them. The data mart export for district and country now
provide a lot more values as you can see in your charts etc.

BTW, disregard my previous tip that you have to export to datamart before
veiwing charts as that is not correct. If you run the chart using the blue
icon in the Chart section the necessary aggregation will automatically take
place in the background and provide values to your chart without the need
for a manual data mart export.

Ola Hodne Titlestad |Technical Officer|
Health Metrics Network (HMN) | World Health Organization
Avenue Appia 20 |1211 Geneva 27, Switzerland | Email: titlestado@xxxxxxx|Tel:
+41 788216897
Website: www.healthmetricsnetwork.org

Better Information. Better Decisions. Better Health.