Re: Assigning organizational units...some observations

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 6:14 PM, Knut Staring <knutst@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Not too promising:
>
> "If you expect the number of your point to grow beyond ~100, you'll
> definitely be better off using WMS (especially if your users are on Internet
> Explorer)"

Actually, this 6 month old comment may be a bit outdated, seeing as the
newest browsers handle Javascript a hell of a lot better than a year or two
ago.

I just tried your file with Opera 10 and Firefox 3.5 using
http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/vector-formats.html, and it had no
problem handling it at all.

So in situations where you can tell people to use a modern browser (even IE6
could in fact handle your 1511 features, just takes forever to load... and
is very sluggish) we may be ok.

I still think having an alternative with either static or dynamically
generated SLDs is needed (but not in all situations).

Knut

--
Cheers,
Knut Staring