How do we treat ready-made indicators?

In some cases, we would like to import indicator values that have already
been calculated/estimated through various external procedures. The only
option here is really to import these as DataElements and DataValues.
However, this seems to break our logical/philosophical model and the clear
distinctions between "raw counts" and "calculated forumlas".

Still, I do think we need to handle them - and be able to display them in
reports and maps (currently not available for data elements). Such indicator
values are often based on statistical analyses of survey data etc. and can
even be for the same kinds of indicators that we calculate inside DHIS.

How do people feel they should be treated? Should we create a blueprint for
this?

Knut

Follow ups