Re: Documentation

I also have no great knowledge of docbook so I guess for that reason, also
no really compelling reason to move to 5.  Just been reading material on the
docbook website which suggests 4.x is end of life.  And 5 is hardly bleeding
edge at this point.  And the fact that version 5 is namespaced and has a
relaxng schema rather than the older dtd.  Though I concede these are not
issues which bother most people.  But as long as the schema is available
there is no good reason not to be able to use either version in any xml
schema-aware editor.  In which case I would probably use 5.  Emacs, oxygen,
XMLmind and probably editx will allow you to edit valid docbook 5.0.  I
haven't really surveyed all the other tools, but if it really is awkward
then I guess we stick with 4.x for now (mind you 4.5 is the last of the 4
series, not 4.4).

Bob